We are half way through the first month of the New Year and most of you will have given up what you decided to change to help you succeed in 2010.
Changing behavior patterns is not as easy as everyone thinks it is. Some people have no problem whatsoever, once they put there mind to something they stick with it and achieve what they set out to. Others need encouragement, help, motivation, guidance and sometimes a partner to help them achieve what they require.
Sometimes we are battling with old programmes running in our head that never seem to leave us. This is what stops you achieving weight loss, quitting smoking, procrastination, etc. Most of them will also have some fear attached to them.
Here are Some tips that could help you keep going with what you started for 2010 and your New Year.
• Keep the end result in your mind all the time.
• Feel the accomplishment of having achieved whatever it is.
• Take one day at a time and for some of you that could be take 1 hour at a time.
• Maximum amount of tasks on your list for the day should be no more than 7.
• Change one thing at a time and practice it for at least 2 weeks before you change something else (Don't quit smoking, drinking and go on a diet all at the same time)
• Get a buddy who has the same goal in mind as you and do it together.
• Join a support group
Keep being nice to yourself and remember to be proud of what you do achieve and pat yourself on the back.
Keep going, you can do it.
Need help with the stress of it all.
You need to be a member of Connections Groups to add comments!
Join Connections Groups