According to an economic analysis, for every $100
spent at a locally-owned business, $45 goes back into
the community and local tax base, and for every $100
spent at a non-local chain store, only $13 comes back
to the local area.
WHAT IS THE BUY LOCAL ORLANDO PROGRAM?
The Buy Local Orlando program is par t of Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer’s
Strengthen Orlando initiative. The Buy Local Orlando program is a group of
independent businesses, community groups and citizens in the Orlando area, working together to
suppor t a healthy community economy through education and marketing.
The City of Orlando, the Disney Entrepreneur Center, local retail, dining, enter tainment, hospitality
and service industry businesses.
Buy Local Orlando is intended to be a multi-year program that:
• Creates economic advantage
• Educates the public and local businesses
• Promotes local businesses
• Dollars spent locally are spent over and over again in the community
• Suppor ts and strengthens locally-owned businesses and local jobs
Membership is open to merchants whose primary place of business is within the City of Orlando.
Each member will receive:
• Listing on the searchable website buylocalorlando.net
• Subscription to a monthly email newsletter keeping businesses up-to-date on the program
• Invitation to the kick-off event on May 1, 2009
• Marketing Toolkit, including a window sticker, poster, ad templates, CD with program logos for
marketing materials, 50 Buy Local Orlando cards and brochures explaining the program to
consumers, all in a custom Buy Local Orlando shopping bag
• Email Blasts to local residents inviting them to shop locally and educating them as to the
• Access to educational seminars
• Par ticipation in exclusive networking and marketing events
• Advertising co-ops and discounts with media partners
DOWNLOAD the MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE NOW-
Special pre-launch rate: $49 (goes to $99 on June 1st)